A Romantic Garden Tea Party

With so many beautiful friends who needs models? Last week I visited my hometown of Smithers, British Columbia, for some much needed relaxation time. It was such a fantastic week full of friends, family, good food, parties and time spent at the lake.

Not only is Smithers my home, it’s the home of one of my favourite stores, Salt Boutique - which for some unknown reason I haven’t featured on our blog until now. Walking down Main Street it’s not hard to spot Salt’s gorgeous, high-end pieces. There’s not much around Smithers (actually northern BC for that matter) when it comes to fashion, and those who shop at Salt stand out amongst the sea of boring hiking boots, jeans and hoodies. Owner Caroline Marko has been bringing some much-needed style therapy to us women of north for over five years now.

When I approached her to ask if we could borrow “a few pieces” for our photoshoot, she was more than happy to help, and ended up lending us nearly half of the store. So I’d like to send out a huge Thank-you to her, for making these lovely photos happen. I got so many great shots, which I’m going to be releasing in a 4 part series over the next month. Since we are now saying goodbye to summer (sad face), I thought that I would start with the shots from our lovely garden tea party and transition into our edgier fall looks toward the end of September. I hope you enjoy them! And don’t forget to like Salt’s facebook page!






On Cait - Salt Boutique Hunter Boots; Hunter Socks and Lace Top; Mavi Serena Jeans; Necklace similar to this one from ShopRuche.com. On Michelle - Forever21 Skirt; Aritzia Top; Necklace was handmade by Cait, similar to this one from Forever21. Hair and Makeup by Naomi Lynch of Tangles2 Salon; Floral Arrangement from Appreciations Flowers and Gifts (Smithers).


A huge thank you to Caroline, Naomi and my models Cait and Michelle.
Until next time! xx Kari

0 Comments
Tweets
Comments

0 comments:

Post a Comment